New Yorkers, Irish or not will soon transform the streets of Manhattan into a sea of green to pay homage to the patron Saint Patrick, and visitor’s will be swarming to the city to be a part of the festivities. If any New Yorkers would like to join in on the celebrations, CitySights NY has suggested New York’s top ten locations to celebrate St Patrick’s Day like a true Irish!
While atop a CitySights NY iconic double decker bus, arguably the best seat in the house, passengers will pass by (and have the option to stop and check out):
- St Patrick’s Cathedral – St Patrick’s Day is after all a religious holiday so a stop at the Neo-Gothic style Roman church is a must even just to admire the magnificent architecture
- Rockefeller Center (Top Of The Rock) – arguably the best view of the city, see Manhattan come alive in green attire and hear the bagpipes blare
- Fifth Avenue – witness the biggest St Patrick’s Day Parade in the world as marchers provide entertainment down Fifth Avenue
- McSorley’s Old Ale House – St Patty’s Day isn’t complete without a Guinness at New York’s oldest Irish pub just a short stroll from the East Village stop: 1st ave between St Marks Place and 9th Street
- The Empire State Building – the iconic landmark that boasts impressive 360 degree views – again a great way to see the city embrace the celebrations
- Central Park – great for the kids, head to the Central Park Conservancy to join in the St Patrick’s Day Craft at the At the Chess & Checkers House
- Merchant’s House Museum – step back in time and celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with the reopening of its newly restored Servants Quarters, arguably the oldest intact site of Irish habitation in Manhattan
- Irish Arts Center – immerse yourself in an authentic afternoon of Irish music, dance, song, language and crafts
- Brooklyn Bridge – stop off for a photo in front of this famous landmark that was built with the help of Irish immigrant worker
- Times Square – see the buzz and excitement of Times Square and stop off at O’Lunney’s in the heart of the action for a pint or twoCitySightsNY offers many daytime and nighttime tours to help create an unforgettable St Patrick’s Day, like the All Around Town Tour which has a web special of $49 for up to 48hrs of use.