New to NYC and looking for high-tech ways to naviagate the largest city in the U.S? Check out these cool apps:
- · Leloca – Leloca connects locals and tourists alike with high-profile restaurants, retailers and spas near their current location that are offering big discounts, right when they’re ready to eat, shop or get pampered. The deals are typically 30%-50% off, there is no wait, no purchase to get the deal and they are redeemed within 45 minutes of securing.
- · Embark NYC Subway – Voted the best transit app by the MTA, Embark NYC enables users to plan their route using the New York City subway system. The app also provides users with train arrival information, GPS tracking to find the closest stations and an interactive multi-touch subway map.
- · NYTimes’ The Scoop NYC – The Scoop NYC app provides visitors with an insider’s guide to New York City. From restaurants to special events, this app takes the work out of researching the best of the best to visit while in New York.
- · Hotel Tonight – For visitors looking to book a hotel room last minute, Hotel Tonight provides travelers with last-minute hotel deals at up to 70% off of the original booking price. Hotel Tonight’s hotel offers come from some of the hottest NYC lodgings, including Sanctuary Hotel New York, the Thompson LES and The Empire Hotel. I have actually used this app several times and LOVE it!
- · At the Booth – No visit to New York City is complete without seeing a Broadway show. With the At the Booth app, users can view which Broadway and Off-Broadway shows are selling discounted tickets in Times Square, as well as show reviews, recent headlines, and show synopses.
- · Tweat.It– Grabbing a quick bite on the go doesn’t always have to mean getting fast food junk. With Tweat.It users can discover the best mobile gourmet food trucks that are closest to them at any given moment in real-time all in a convenient map-view right on their phone.