Fusing the chic style of the iconic South Beach brand with the vibrant energy of the Las Vegas Strip, Delano Las Vegas will come to life at Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino later this year and is now accepting room reservations for stays beginning Sept. 1.
Anchored by intimate yet energetic public spaces and sophisticated accommodations, the non-smoking, all-suite boutique hotel will appeal to the most discerning travelers from around the globe. At Delano Las Vegas, guests will discover a blend of personalized service and effortless luxury coupled with unexpected elements of individuality and high-concept design.
“Delano guests will be wowed by the introduction of this very special destination,” said Matthew Chilton, general manager of Delano Las Vegas. “Dynamic public spaces will serve as social hubs where guests will want to linger and socialize while the clean design of the suites will create a quiet escape.”
Blending eclectic details to create an atmosphere that is playful and filled with energy, the stylish public spaces will be highlighted by a sleek new lobby featuring three distinct social spaces – a unique coffee bar, sophisticated lounge and café concept. Upstairs and away from the action, Delano’s 1,100 guest suites will provide a luxurious retreat.
- A Grand Arrival. As guests approach Delano Las Vegas’ expansive stone entry and wood-slatted gate, they will encounter an extraordinary divided boulder from the Nevada desert, certain to become a signature element of the hotel. Guests will venture down a striking walkway featuring colors and textures inspired by the layered landscape of the Mojave Desert, inviting them to drift further into Delano Las Vegas’ alluring escape.
- The Journey Begins. Entering through an oversized etched wooden doorway, guests will see an inviting pathway of stone surrounded by towering columns enveloped in Delano’s iconic white sheers and statement mirrors. At the end of the corridor, a stunning piece of artwork comprised of small rocks suspended from the ceiling with a sculpted opening will reveal a glimpse of what lies beyond. A sleek black reception desk highlighted by a golden patchwork art piece overhead will welcome guests.
- Sunrise to Sunset. Situated just off the main lobby, 3940 Coffee + Tea will provide guests with a space to meet and mingle from day to night. The bar will serve gourmet coffee and tea from Grand Avenue Specialty Coffee, a company dedicated to providing a superior coffee and artisanal tea experience. Fresh squeezed juices and breakfast pastries such as warm scones, savory and sweet crepes, and cronuts with house-made jams will be served throughout the morning. Each afternoon, a tea cart will offer the finest selection of loose-leaf tea served alongside traditional accompaniments like petite pastries and finger sandwiches.
In the evening, guests at 3940 will enjoy craft cocktails, wine and beer complemented by signature small plates featuring organic, sustainable and locally sourced ingredients. The space will feature mid-century modern furniture, plush sofas, communal seating and an inviting marble fireplace. Inspired by the shaded area of a sun-drenched desert, the ceiling will boast a unique lighting feature that illuminates the space with a patterned glow.
- Urban Kitchen, Classic Comforts. Located just steps from the Delano lobby, a new culinary destination will blend natural design elements with industrial materials to exude a warm, comfortable simplicity that quietly entices guests to savor each bite and treasure every encounter. Creating an essence of “historic farmhouse meets urban kitchen,” this new outpost, whose name will be shared in the coming months, will serve breakfast and lunch with an elegant combination of classics, comfort food and seasonal specialties centered around fresh, locally sourced ingredients.
- Cocktails and Conversation. An eclectic lounge with a sophisticated vibe, Franklin will feature nightly entertainment including special live performances and sounds from up-and-coming DJs in an intimate environment perfect for socializing. Craft cocktails will complement small plates such as flatbreads, hand-selected cheese and charcuterie. The lounge will incorporate gold lighting accents, deep shades of blue and bronze hues with navy sheers that drape from the ceiling and sparkle with glistening lights to create the illusion of fireflies in the evening sky.
Top Floor Dining & Lounge by Alain Ducasse
- View From Above. Situated on the 64th floor of Delano Las Vegas and boasting extraordinary views of the Las Vegas Strip, Rivea will serve French and Italian cuisine from internationally celebrated chef Alain Ducasse. Inspired by the many years Ducasse spent visiting the delectable food markets of Italy and Provence, Rivea will feature the flavors and colors of the Riviera in a smart, vibrant and casual setting. The lounge adjacent to Rivea, with its stunning panoramic views of the city visible from intimate indoor nooks and an expansive outdoor patio, also will take on a new personality. Taking over the space that is currently miX, Rivea and the new lounge are expected to open winter 2014-2015.
- A Moment to Savor. Paying homage to Delano Las Vegas’ surroundings, artwork throughout the guestroom corridors will depict classic desert roadside scenes, while deep blue and gray tones will create a hushed and mysterious aura. In contrast, the bright and airy atmosphere of the suites will make the entrance a moment for guests to savor.
- Thoughtful Luxury. Featuring a clean color palette of whites and neutrals, the suites will incorporate Delano’s iconic window sheers, crisp white linens and oversized tufted headboards, updated with playful gold accents. Anchored by a gray geometric print carpet, each room will showcase an array of rich textures and fabrics. Drawing inspiration from South Beach, photography of seductive underwater scenes will adorn the walls while floor-to-ceiling windows will provide sweeping views of the Las Vegas skyline.
- Modern Touches. Boasting one of the highest standard room square footages of any hotel in the city (725 square feet), each one-bedroom suite will feature a private bedroom with contemporary light-wood armoire, bold lighting fixtures and a spacious spa-style bath. With a 46” flat-screen TV, wet bar, desk and its own powder room, the adjoining living room will offer a plush retreat that doubles as an entertaining area or impromptu meeting space.
Pool and Spa
- Under The Sun. Delano Las Vegas will feature its own private pool just steps from the sand and surf of Mandalay Bay Beach and wave pool. Embracing the laid-back South Beach lifestyle, Delano Beach Club will offer guests an exclusive locale to relax in the sun and is scheduled to open in 2015.
- A Rejuvenating Escape. With the opening of Delano Las Vegas, BATHHOUSE Spa will introduce several signature services including the Double the Pleasure Massage, performed in synchronicity by two massage therapists. BATHHOUSE also will debut a new collection of Global Journeys that will guide guests through a series of exquisite treatments reflecting traditional rituals from regions around the world including India, Asia, Europe and a “Taste From the Islands.”
Delano Las Vegas is a partnership between MGM Resorts International and Morgans Hotel Group and will come to life in place of THEhotel at Mandalay Bay. Design teams from both companies collaborated to create the vision for all venues and suites. The teams were led by Joyen Vakil, senior vice president of design and development for MGM Resorts International and Verena Haller, senior vice president of design for Morgans Hotel Group.
The transformation of Delano Las Vegas began earlier this month with the opening scheduled for September 2014. The debut of the boutique hotel will mark the culmination of Mandalay Bay’s property-wide evolution, which includes collaborations with brands such as Cirque du Soleil, The Light Group and Four Seasons in addition to Morgans Hotel Group. For more info: please visit delanolasvegas.com or 877-632-5400.