Whether you plan on having an intimate ceremony or one with many of your family members and close friends as guests, there are many stunning locations in Australia and New Zealand that you can choose from. Highlighted below are just a few of the two countries’ best wedding destinations.
- Have your wedding in the Church of the Good Shepherd. This church, located at Lake Tekapo, has a very beautiful exterior and is surrounded by beautiful mountain scenery.
- Wellington is always associated with weddings. You can say your I Do’s on the marae at the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa. You can also have your first kiss on the historic site in the Thorndon suburb known as Old St. Paul’s.
- Make Mount Cook a witness to your first kiss. Take a helicopter ride to the Tasman Glacier and be surrounded by lots of snow while you exchange your vows.
- You can also exchange vows while riding on a luxurious catamaran. You can take one that sails on Rotorua’s Lake Rotoiti or one that cruises the Bay of Islands.
- Another great option is having an exchange of vows at a vineyard in Hawke’s Bay or Waiheke Island. Make sure to sample local wine to make the event feel absolutely special.
- Still, another nice option is to have your wedding at any of the luxury lodges in New Zealand. Get four course meals and sparkling wines ready for you and your guests to make the event one that will never be forgotten.
- Get yourselves pampered while saying your marriage vows at the Hell’s Gate in Rotorua. This geothermal wonder in New Zealand offers pleasure for both your body and soul and is a scenic backdrop for the ceremony.
- Did you know that you can also have a wedding in mid-air? All you need to do is to ride a hot air balloon over the breathtaking views of the Canterbury plains or the Queenstown mountain ranges.
9. If you want to have your wedding in a place is not only beautiful, but also has a lot of fun things in store for you, then you can hold the wedding ceremony at Cape Kidnappers or Kauri Cliffs. In these extraordinary luxury destinations, couples can go swimming, golfing, boating, nature walking, and many more.
10. The Marlborough Sounds is another luxurious and beautiful wedding destination. Located at the South Island of New Zealand, it is known for clear waters, sandy bays, sheltered inlets, and a forest. It is also known for its ancient sunken river valleys that are filled with saltwater from the Pacific Ocean.
- The World Heritage-listed Kingfisher Bay Resort in Fraser Island is a nice place for destination weddings. It takes pride in its beach, bushland, and gum tree and mangrove forests, all of which offer couples the chance of turning the event into a special affair with their loved ones and friends. It also has a number of accommodation choices, like resort rooms, villas, and self-contained houses.
- Situated on more than a hundred acres of picturesque landscape, Quamby Estate is a beautiful and prestigious historical manor near Launceston that welcomes couples with its tree-lined driveway measuring 1.5 kilometres. Aside from a lengthy driveway, the charming property also features charming architecture and period pieces combined with common luxuries of the modern times, a restaurant, executive rooms, function areas, ten adorned guest rooms, and so much more, making it a nice wedding destination for anyone who wants to tie the knot in a classy and romantic destination.
- Set within beautiful and well-maintained gardens, the property known as Rippon Lea has been a long-time favourite for lavish weddings. It mainly features highly-elaborate furnishings, artwork, and touches that include ornamental stained glass and embossed wallpaper, among many others. It also has gardens that are capable of holding up to a couple thousand people and serve well as a backdrop for photo sessions.
- Brisbane’s Glengariff Historic Estate is another nice place to share your wedding vows. The 230-acre Estate takes pride not only in its size, as it also takes pride in its vineyard and beautiful spots that are scattered all over, which are described by many as “million-dollar views.”
- The five-star Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort and Spa, located at the Gold Coast, is a luxury venue that only offers five-star services and accommodation. The venue is open for a formal or intimate wedding and features an $8,000,000 aquatic playground, which spreads across landscaped gardens.
- Another venue you can consider for your wedding is the Port Melbourne Yacht Club. The entire area, which hints of freedom and fun, mainly takes pride in its exterior which, when lit during the evening, looks absolutely stunning. It also has an area that can be decorated to fit the needs of your event, minimalist furnishings, a moveable bar, a large wooden deck, among many other cool features.
- The multi award-winning Newport Mirage Hotel on the Pittwater shores is another great wedding venue to consider. As expected from an award-winning destination, the hotel offers great service and food, thus making it a perfect place for both the ceremony and the reception.
- As the name of this wedding destination states, The Boat House by the Lake is right at the lakefront of Lake Burley Griffin. It is not only known for its great kitchen and service, it is also known for its stunning views of the lake, its sophisticated atmosphere, and its well-landscaped area. It has three function rooms to choose from.
- You can also have the exchange of wedding vows at the National Wine Centre of Australia in Adelaide. It mainly features a gallery overlooking another scenic location, the Adelaide Botanic Gardens. It also features function rooms capable of accommodating sixty to eighty guests. These overlook beautiful outdoor terrace areas, places where you can have your photos taken.
10. If you want a romantic, tropical venue for your ceremony and reception, consider having them at the Rydges Esplanade Resort Hotel. It features a wide range of accommodation styles and reception venues that will make you gasp in awe. The venues can be decorated according to your tastes and budget. Also, a wide range of food is available and can be customised according to what guests need.
These are the top luxury wedding venues in New Zealand and Australia. When you choose your venue, make sure that you do it together so that, in the end, you will have chosen a wedding venue that you both like. If you are currently in New Zealand and need an awesome luxury car for your wedding day, check out: http://www.realisticrentalcars.co.nz/.