According to Nielsen, the margarita is America’s most popular cocktail.
Looking to celebrate on February 22nd? TODAY Style Squad member and blogger Lilliana Vasquez has created the Watermelon Jalapeño Margarita. A mix of Tequila Don Julio Blanco, fresh watermelon and lime juice, and jalapeño simple syrup, this spicy pink cocktail is sure to help melt those winter blues.
Watermelon Jalapeño Margarita
Created by Lilliana Vasquez
1 1/2 oz Tequila Don Julio Blanco
4 oz Fresh Watermelon Juice
3/4 oz Fresh Lime Juice
1 tsp Jalapeño Simple Syrup* (or add to taste)
1 Thinly Sliced Jalapeño
Chili Lime Salt and Lime Wheel for Garnish
*Jalapeño Simple Syrup
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Water
1 Jalapeño (slice lengthwise and remove half of the seeds and veins)
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add jalapeño slices and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Cover and allow jalapeños to steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain contents and let cool.
- Combine Tequila Don Julio Blanco, fresh watermelon juice, fresh lime juice, jalapeño simple syrup and a jalapeño slice into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well.
- Strain contents into a rocks glass with fresh ice and chili lime salt rim.
- Garnish with lime wheel.
Ideal Serving Glass: Rocks Glass