Loews Regency New York Hotel has recently introduced Flavor by Loews Hotels, an innovative food and beverage experience serving up the best of New York’s local flavor right in the hotel.
Rolling out nationally this year across the brand, Flavor by Loews Hotels is built on partnerships with artisan food & beverage vendors ranging from bakers to ice cream makers. The indigenous products are showcased on menus across the brand’s portfolio, enabling guests to experience a taste of the destination without ever having to step off property. Loews Hotels is one of the first hotel brands to embrace local partnerships on a national scale, satisfying guests’ desires to immerse themselves in the destinations — bite-by-bite and sip-by-sip.
The Flavor by Loews Hotels program was born at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, which perfectly captures the iconic culture of Miami through its partnerships with an amazing cast of the city’s finest food & beverage purveyors, including Azúcar Ice Cream, Zak the Baker, Miami Club Rum and more. Based on the success of Flavor Miami, all Loews Hotels from coast-to-coast are now introducing the best of their destination’s food and drink artisans, so guests can truly dine like a local.
At the Loews Regency New York Hotel, guests will enjoy the following Flavor by Loews Hotels offerings:
- Hand-cut citrus peels and hand-cracked juniper makes Brooklyn Gin the stand out spirit at The Regency Bar & Grill. Guests of the restaurant and bar can choose from three signature cocktails – a Negroni, Brooklyn Gin Martini and the Bee’s Knees, a lemon infused cocktail that highlights the citrus flavor notes from the gin. For hotel guests who prefer to sip and stay, a special Brooklyn Gin bottled cocktail menu will be available on the in-room dining menus.
- Made using the finest ingredients, Upper East Side café, Bon Vivant, brings beautiful, melt-in-your-mouth petit four cakes to the hotel in four distinct flavors – Bourbon Vanilla, Lavender Bloom, Coffee Cream and Rose Petal. Available as dessert flights at the Regency Bar & Grill and in-room dining, these petit four cakes are the perfect dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Guests will enjoy pure ingredients mixed together in thoughtful and creative ways from West Village bakery,Mah Ze Dahr. Founded by Umber Ahmad, Umber’s unique recipes become a part of each guest’s memory through her #1 Rated Heavenly Cheesecake, according to New York Magazine, seasonal tarts, and delicious homemade cookie plate, all available at The Regency Bar & Grill.
- What says New York more than pizza? The Regency Bar & Grill have introduced two exclusive pizzas, made with charcoal crust from Olivella Bread. The Truffle Pizza topped with homemade mozzarella cheese, porcini mushrooms and truffle oil and a Diavolo Pizza with spicy pepperoni and nduya. Both are fashioned atop charcoal dough from the quintessential New York pizza creator, whose Naples, Italy-born founder Salvatore Olivella has made a name for himself through consultations with top New York City pizza spots as well as ownership in restaurants in the tri-state area and Dallas.
“New York City is home to the dining obsessed searching for the next big thing, and we believe Flavor by Loews Hotels will be just that,” said Executive Chef Catherine Medrano. “Our team was strategic in selecting our four partners as New York is home to some of the best pizza, cheesecake, gin and specialty cakes in the world. We are confident these brands provide a smorgasbord of offerings that will satisfy our guests’ refined pallets and expose them to new items that they can’t get anywhere else.”
Guests of Loews Boston Hotel will enjoy the following Flavor by Loews Hotels offerings:
- Get ready to scream for Little G’s Ice Cream. Handmade locally, Little G is the work of teenage owner/founder Grace Conner, who was motivated by the cream parlor she frequented on Nantucket, and became a gifted ice cream maker at the young age of just eight years old. In January 2016, she walked through a snowstorm to deliver her first batch of Little G to a specialty grocer in Boston’s South End, which sold out in week! Conner will attend Stanford University this fall while Little G’s Brownie Fudge, Cookie Dough and Peanut Butter Cup ice creams are on the menu at the hotel’s Precinct Kitchen + Bar.
- Just in time for harvest season, guests of Precinct Kitchen + Bar can sip on The Patriot and The Suspect, two delicious rye based seasonal cocktails from Boston Harbor Distillery. BHD is founded by lifelong Boston resident and spirits industry veteran, Rhonda Kallman, who is responsible for paving the way for the “craft beer revolution.” Kallman and her team will also host monthly #WhiskeyWednesday tastings by Precinct’s fireplace for hotel guests and local diners.
- Guests will go nuts over Q’s Nuts. Family owned and operated, Q’s Nuts is an artisan nut company started by husband and wife team, Beth and Brian “Q” Quinn. Q’s Nuts will showcase their Original Sweet Roast flavored nuts on Precinct’s popular charcuterie boards, and be available in individual snack packs for guests on the go. Red Sox fans will hit a home run at Loews Boston – guests can simply show their baseball ticket day of to receive complimentary pack of flavored peanuts from Q’s.
Flavor by Loews Hotels will launch across the brand by the end of 2017. For more information on Flavor by Loews Hotels visit www.loewshotels.com/flavor.
All photos courtesy Loews Hotels